Crepes Georgette ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11859 times
Tangy pineapples and sweet strawberries come together in crêpes georgette, which is a lovely delicate dessert just as the name suggests. Here, a rare combo of pineapple and strawberry is interlaced between triple-layered crêpes, topped with powdered sugar and baked till crusty. The aroma of cooked strawberries that emanates as you bake the crêpes is sure to stimulate the gastronomic juices of everybody around!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the brown sugar, pineapple and strawberries and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Place one crêpe on a greased ovenproof dish, spread 2 tbsp of the filling evenly on it and place another crêpe over it.
- Spread 1 more tbsp of the filling over the crêpe and place one more crêpe over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 2 more stuffed and layered crêpes.
- Brush all 3 stuffed and layered crêpes with a little melted butter and sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over them.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with beaten whipped cream or custard sauce on the side.
- You can use any seasonal fruits in case strawberries are out of season.
- Take 4 tbsp of brandy in a big spoon, warm it on a direct flame, set it alight and pour over the crêpes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.