Creamy Cauliflower Tartlets
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19826 times
Quick and easy bread-based tartlets are filled with a lip-smacking filling of sautéed veggies and mushrooms coated with white sauce. With a generous sprinkling of cheese, these Creamy Cauliflower Tartlets are a culinary dream come true. They will be especially loved by kids, thanks to the creamy, gooey filling and handy tartlet form.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chillies, cauliflower, mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, half of the cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Roll each slice with help of a rolling pin.
- Press the rolled slices into the cavities of a muffin tray that is lightly greased with butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp. Keep aside
- Fill each tartlet case with the 1½ tbsp of the prepared stuffing.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese on each tartlet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chilli sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.