Creamy Almond Soup ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45323 times
If there is any soup whose taste lingers in the mouth long after, it is the creamy almond soup. Creamy, rich yet light on the stomach and palate, this soup makes a perfect start to an authentic indian meal. Milk, fresh cream and flour enhance the creaminess and forms the crux of getting the flavour of this soup right. Very mildly spiced, serve this soup if you have spicier dishes that follow in the menu. A dash of saffron may be added. Serve hot with slivered almonds and chopped coriander and a spot of fresh cream.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the skin. Keep 3 almonds aside and blend the remaining in a mixer using a little white stock.
- Combine the almond paste and white stock in a bowl and keep aside.
- Chop the 3 almonds (kept aside) into slivers and bake them in an oven until crisp. Keep aside for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a deep pan, add the flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, taking care that the flour does not discolour.
- Add the white stock and simmer for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the hot milk, almond essence, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for a few seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the almond slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.