Cream of Asparagus Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17068 times
A soup which the vegetarians adore.
- Cut the vegetable into big pieces. If using fresh asparagus, cut then also into big pieces.
- Heat the butter in a vessel and fry the onions and potatoes (and asparagus if using fresh asaparagus) for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 6 teacups of water. If using cannes asparagus, add the asparagus and the liquid from the can also.
- Cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked, put the mixture into a liquidiser. Blend and strain the mixture.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add salt, pepper and beaten cream. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.