Cream Of Broccoli Soup ( Saatvik Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27975 times
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, add 3/4 of the broccoli and cook gently for a few minutes. Add the white stock and cook until soft. Remove from the heat and pass through a blender to make a puree.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan over gentle heat. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute making sure that there is no discolouration.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and add salt, pepper and nutmeg powder. Add to the soup.
- In a separate pan of boiling water, blanch the remaining broccoli to a bright green colour. Strain carefully and refresh in ice-cold water. Drain.
- Put the blanched broccoli in the soup, garnish and heat for a few minutes just before serving.
- Serve piping hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.