by Tarla Dalal
Added to 367 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30923 times
Cream cheese is readily available in shops nowadays, but making it at home using this recipe is not only economical but also makes the final product really good.
Cream cheese is used in desserts such as Tiramisu , Mango Cheese Pie and Sinful Lemon Cheesecake .
- Keep 2 tbsp of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a deep non-stick pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled. Strain it with the help of a sieve or muslin cloth and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer and reserved 2 tbsp of milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Strain the prepared mixture with the help of a sieve.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Energy|| 86 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.1 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 4.0 gm|
|Fat|| 4.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 114.3 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 2.4 mg|
|Calcium|| 153.0 mg|
|Iron|| 0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 4.0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.