Cream Cheese ( Chips and Dips Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18650 times
Cream cheese is a creamy fresh cheese which is used for desserts and even in savoury dishes like dips where it provides a creamy texture along with a cheese taste. Use this simple recipe to make cream cheese at home within 15 minutes.
- Put the milk to boil in a thick bottomed pan.
- When it comes to a boil, remove from the flame and keep aside for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the citric acid crystals with the warm water.
- Pour this mixture into the hot milk and allow to stand for about 5 minutes till the milk curdles on its own. Stir gently if required.
- Strain this mixture using a muslin cloth.
- Blend the drained milk solids in a food processor till smooth and creamy.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.