Cottage Cheese Dumplings with Spinach Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26827 times
The cottage cheese dumplings used in this preparation is special in many ways. Firstly, there is a perfect balance of textures – with soft paneer, crunchy cabbage and mushy potatoes for binding. Then, it is notable that these dumplings are steamed and not deep-fried. Then, of course, there is the herb sauce and the chopped tomato garnish that perfectly complement these dumplings. All in all, the cottage cheese dumplings with spinach sauce is a perfect starter for any occasion!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball.
- Steam in a steamer for 5 to 7 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the white sauce and spinach purée in a deep- non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add little salt and pepper if required. Keep aside.
- Arrange the dumplings on a serving plate, pour the green herb sauce over it and serve immediately garnished with tomatoes.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1194.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.