Corn and Pesto Mini Pizzas, Quick Pizza Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22972 times
Small is beautiful! That’s so true of these splendid mini Pizzas , which are brimming with taste and health in every bite. The pesto used in this recipe contains basil, which is rich in vitamin A, and walnuts, a wonder food rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Walnuts are also considered a brain booster! What’s more, healthy fibre-rich whole wheat pizza bases and an energy-rich corn topping make the handy and tasty corn and pesto mini pizza a nutritious treat! However, remember there is a lot of cheese in it too, so it should be enjoyed only in limited quantities.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared pesto and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the garlic, sweet corn kernels and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the whole wheat pizza bases on a greased baking tray.
- Spread one portion of the corn pesto sauce on each pizza base.
- Sprinkle a little cheese evenly over corn pesto sauce n each pizza base.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot garnished with red chilli flakes.
Nutrient values per pizza
|Energy|| 96 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 17.1 gm|
|Fat|| 1.9 gm|
|Iron|| 1.4 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.