Corn and Chick Pea Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25659 times
The cutlet in this burger features an unusual duo: sweet corn and kabuli chana. Another unique aspect of this cutlet is that it uses a combination of oats and bread slices as a binding agent. Fresh coriander combined with a bouquet of dried herbs along with lemon juice energises the refreshing green mayonnaise spread. Top it with scrumptious veggies like lettuce, cucumber, onions and tomatoes and serve with spicy potato wedges, for a filling and delicious meal.
- Combine the coriander, green chillies, onions and lemon juice and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste using ½ tbsp of water.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl, add the mayonnaise and mixed herbs and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated for at least an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the onions and sweet corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the kabuli chana, bread, besan, oats, chilli powder, salt and pepper, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the maida mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1½ tbsp of the green mayonnaise spread on the buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place a lettuce leaf, 2 onion slices, 2 tomato slices and 3 cucumber slices and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Place a cutlet and cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered–spread side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with spicy potato wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.