Corn and Celery Chowder ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13939 times
A classic english soup that will warm your senses! the word ‘chowder’ essentially originates from new england and refers to the way in which fishermen threw their catch and other ingredients into a large pot that cooked until a hearty broth was ready. Today chowder is an extremely popular soup in the united states and is experimented with extensively. In this vegetarian version, we’ve included corn, celery and an assortment of vegetables and simmered it in a creamy white base for a delicious flavour.
- Combine all the vegetables along with 4 cups of water in a deep pan and boil till it reduces to ¾ of its quantity. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth and strain using a stariner. Use as required.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and celery and sauté on a medium flame till the onions are transparent.
- Add the flour and cook on a slow flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the white stock and milk and simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder, mix well and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with celery, tomatoes and cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.