Corn and Capsicum Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2229 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 144869 times
Corn and capsicum are a lesson in contrasts. While one is sweet, juicy and yellow, the other is spicy, crunchy and green. See how they complement each other perfectly in everything from texture and flavour to appearance. It is no surprise then that this Corn and Capsicum Tikki turns out to be such an irresistible snack. Nobody can withhold the temptation to bite into one of these green chilli flavoured tikkis, which are oh-so-crisp outside and super soft inside. It is also very easy to prepare because it uses minimal ingredients and does not even require the corn to be boiled before making the dough mixture.
- Blend the corn in a mixer to a coarse paste, without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a round flat tikki.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few tikkis at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per tikki
|Vitamin A||80.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.