Corn Upma By Kavitakj
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 11137 times
Corn upma is prepared just like the traditional semolina or rava based upma but with boiled corn as ingredient. The corn are cooked with a delectable tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves, chillies and chopped onions.
- Pressure cook the corn kernels for 7-8 whistles or till they turn tender.
- Drain the excess water and blend the corn along with salt and green chillies in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, hing, red chilles and the ground corn and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut, lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 26 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.