by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 278 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59453 times
Tortillas are the bread of Mexico, being flat, round and unleavened.
- Mix the flours, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep or 1/2 hour. Knead again.
- Depending on the diameter you require for the dish, roll out the dough into 6" (150 mm.) or " (225 mm.) diameter thin rounds with the help of a little flour.
- Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Make large quantities and freeze in a refrigerator, as tortillas are used extensively in Mexican food.
- They should be present at every Mexican Meal, served warm.
- And stacked within a warm white cloth and then placed inside a colourful straw basket.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.