Corn Sambhar ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25783 times
A quicker version of sambar that's also a variation of the traditional recipe. Grated corn is tempered with mild curry powder. This dish is good with steamed rice or vegetable idlis. Curry powder is a blend of spices that is available at most grocery stores. While cooking for your baby, choose the mildest variety of curry powder available.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, curry powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring once in between.
- Serve lukewarm with vegetable idlis or steamed rice.
Nutrient values 1¼ cups
| 119 kcal|| 3.6 gm|| 19.0 gm|| 3.2 gm|| 180.5 mcg|| 15.8 mg|| 30.3 mg|| 1.0 mg|| 12.4 mcg|| 1.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.