Corn Sambhar ( Baby and Toddler )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34733 times
An innovative variant of sambhar, this is very different from the traditional recipe but very attractive to children. Since grated corn cooks faster than other veggies and dal usually used in the traditional version, this Corn Sambhar is also quicker to prepare.
This recipe is nothing but grated corn tempered with cumin and seasoned mildly with curry powder. You can choose a less spicy brand of curry powder, or make your own at home, to suit your child’s taste buds.
Onions and tomatoes greatly improve the flavour and texture of the Corn Sambhar, which tastes fabulous with steamed rice or vegetable idlis. If at all anything is leftover, you will love to have it with your meal too!
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, curry powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil, while stirring once in between.
- Serve lukewarm with vegetable idlis.
Nutrient values for 1¼ cups
|Energy|| 119 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 19.0 gm|
|Fat|| 3.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.0 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 12.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.