Corn Palak ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 83% LIKED IT
5 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 151268 times
Widely available and full of nutrients, spinach makes a colourful and flavoursome companion to corn.
- Combine the spinach, dried fenugreek leaves ,sugar and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it in a mixer to a smooth purée along with coriander, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the salt and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with phulkas or parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Nutritive values per serving||Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Vitamin C||Iron||Folic Acid|
| || 97 kcal.|| 2.1 gm.|| 12.2 gm.|| 2.0 gm.|| 1332.3 mcg.|| 22.1 mg|| 0.7 mg|| 40.2 mcg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.