Corn Methi Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1306 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58357 times
The sweetness of corn and the innate bitterness of methi complement each other well in this pulao. By using simple seasonings and the pressure-cooking technique, tasty Corn Methi Pulao can be prepared quite fast.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for ½ a minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sweet corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and 2 cups of hot water, salt, turmeric powder and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.