Corn Methi Pulao ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21850 times
There are some days when you are so tired that you want to pamper yourself, but without much effort. This quick, tasty homemade dinner will serve the purpose even better than an hour at the spa! corn is usually very friendly with all other ingredients; but it seems to be best friends with methi, because the duo dances together so perfectly in this pulao, which you will enjoy so much that you will want to keep making it very often. After all, it is also easy to make. The key is to have it really hot… hot enough to warm you up even if it is peak winter!
- Soak the rice in enough water for 2 hours. Drain well and keep aside.
- Put the butter and oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onions, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, corn and turmeric powder, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 3 cups of water and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 18 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately with curds and papad.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.