Corn Filled Bread Tartlets
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 198 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16274 times
Rolled and flattened bread slices inside muffin moulds, brushed with butter and bake! This crispy treat is made all the more enticing by a filling of creamy cheese and crunchy sweet corn. Corn Filled Bread Tartlets is a surprise that will delight your kids when they return from school.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray or 6 tart moulds and keep aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices.
- Flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Press each slice of the flattened bread into the greased muffin tray or in the tart moulds.
- Brush the bread tartlets with a little melted butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Gradually, add the milk and mix well. Cook on a medium flame till the milk starts boiling, while stirring continuously so that no lumps form.
- Remove from the flame, add the sweet corn, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cool slightly and divide the filling into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Spoon one portion of the filling mixture into each baked bread tartlet.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese on each tartlet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 3 to 4 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.