Corn, Capsicum and Cheese Paratha ( Tiffin Treats For Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 178 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50378 times
Corn, capsicum and cheese parathas, mexican spice meets indian zest in these whole wheat parathas made like quesadillas. The cheesy corn and capsicum stuffing makes a healthy treat just right with salsa or tomato ketchup.
- Combine the wheat flour, 1 tsp of oil and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough water. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead again using the remaining ¼ tsp of oil till smooth and elastic. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Take 2 dough portions and roll out each into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thin circle.
- Place a circle on a flat, dry surface and spread ¼th portion of the stuffing evenly on it.
- Place another circle over the stuffing and pinch the edges to seal the stuffing.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick pan on a medium flame using 1 tsp of ghee till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions and stuffing to make 3 more parathas.
- Cool slightly, unmould and wrap in an aluminum foil or cling film or pack in a tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.