Corn Bhel (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44910 times
Baked sev, corn, vegetables and fruits – healthy ingredients combine in my version of the piquant bhel. A filling, great tasting snack alone or as a topping
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add enough water, mix well and knead into semi-stiff dough.
- Lightly grease your hands with oil and shape the dough into a roll.
- Fill the dough into the sev ‘press’ and press out thin strands onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till it becomes crisp and turns light brown in colour.
- Cool completely, crush it and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the capsicum and corn and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Remove from the flame, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately topped with baked sev and lemon wedges.
- Ensure you press out very thin sev so that it bakes and turns crisper evenly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.