Coriander Rotis ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20987 times
The utility of coriander extends beyond the usual chutney. Include this fragrant herb in your roti stuffing and enjoy the unique flavour.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions.
- Mix the flour, oil and salt together. Add enough water to make a semi-stiff dough.
- Knead well and divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a thick round with the help of the flour.
- Brush each dough-round with a little oil and spread one stuffing portion on it.
- Roll out each round into a cigar shape.
- Make a small round like a coil and press lightly by hand.
- Roll out again into a thick roti using a little oil for cooking.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle) using oil on both sides until crisp.
- Spread ghee on top and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.