Coriander Curd Rice (8 To 9 Month Old Babies)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54167 times
This mildly-flavoured combination of rice with coriander and curds introduces your child to more ingredients and flavours, including herby ones. The rice is cooked till mushy, to make it child-friendly. For very young children, you can blend it coarsely in the mixer to make it smoother, but once your child is 10 months old, you should stop blending it, so that the child gets used to chewing. Curds made from cow’s milk is suggested by most paediatricans as it is more easily digestible by kids. Your child will surely enjoy having this Coriander Curd Rice for lunch on a hot summer’s day.
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and rice and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add approx ¾ cup of water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the rice is overdone, all the water has been evaporated and it can be easily mashed, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the rice slghtly, add the curds and coriander and coarsely blend it in a mixer.
- Serve immediately.
- After 10 months of age, the blending of recipe at step 4 can be avoided completely.
Nutrient values Nutritive values for
| 154 kcal|| 3.8 gm|| 23.2 gm|| 5.1 gm|| 261.8 mcg|| 80.1 mg|| 1.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.