Coffee Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32635 times
If chocolate mousse is for those who like the sweet and indulgent smell of cocoa, this mousse is for those who love the rich, invigorating aroma of coffee! whip together a super combo of chocolate, milk and coffee powder and you will end up with a perfectly creamy mousse to romance with your taste buds. What is more, this mousse is also quite easy to make; and if you have a good quality coffee powder and the perfect decoction, you just cannot control the compliments!
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1½ cups whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate-milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the coffee mixture and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for atleast 3 to 4 hours or till the mousse sets
- Top each bowl / glass with ¼ cup of whipped cream.
- Serve chilled garnished with grated chocolate.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double-boiler.
- Coffee mousse on a chocolate biscuit crust:
- At step 5, before adding the mixture, make a layer of biscuit rust in the bowls/glasses. To make this layer, combine 1 cup of coarsely crushed biscuits and 2 tbsp of melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Divide the crust into 4 equal portions and place equal quantities into 4 individual bowls / glas
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.