Coconut and Rava Laddu
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 130608 times
A traditional maharashtrian laddu made up of roasted semolina and coconut combined with sugar syrup, ghee, dry fruits and rolled into round balls.
- Heat a kadhai and dry roast the semolina for 2 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add the coconut, mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan, add the cashewnuts and fry till they turn golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, add the raisins and fry till they turn crisp. Remove and keep aside.
- Dissolve the saffron on 1 tbsp warm milk, mix well.
- In another deep pan, combine the sugar with ¼ cup water, mix well and cook till the sugar dissolves completely. Strain and boil again for more 2-3 minutes. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in the kadhai and add the semolina-coconut mixture and sauté for 5-7 minutes or till the mixture turns light pink in colour.
- Remove from the flame and add this mixture to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Add the cashews and raisins, cardamom powder and saffron and mix well.
- Cool and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape them into round balls.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.