Coconut and Paneer Puranpoli ( Protein Rich Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16908 times
Coconut and paneer puranpoli, an unusual but delectable variation of the traditional puranpoli, this sweet delicacy is a must try. All those with a sweet tooth will go gaga over this because it is not only yummy but also healthy and protein-rich. Ensure you cook the paneer well till it is dry, so that the stuffing is not soggy.
- Combine the wheat flour and ½ tsp of oil in a bowl and knead into a loose dough adding enough water. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using the remaining ¼ tsp of oil till smooth and keep aside.
- Heat ½ tsp of ghee in a non-stick pan, add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame till all the moisture evaporates and paneer becomes dry. Keep aside to cool.
- Heat the remaining ½ tsp of ghee in the same pan, add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame till it turns light pink in colour. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the paneer, powdered nuts, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Divide it into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out a portion into a 75 mm (3”) diameter circle using little flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring the edges in the centre and seal tightly.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp sesame seeds and roll out again into a 125 mm (5”) diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) using ½ tsp of ghee till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more puranpolis. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values Per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.