by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13451 times
If the name reminds you of a delicacy you have often had at the local bakery, we will tell you upfront that these Coconut Rolls are totally different, quite unlike anything you have ever tasted before! Succulent pancakes stuffed with a sweet and aromatic coconut filling are sealed and deep-fried till perfectly crisp. As always, the setting of a crisp outer with a soft inner is a huge success in this unusual dessert too.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with butter, pour ¼ cup of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make a thick pancake of 100 mm. (4") diameter.
- Cook the pancake on a medium flame, using a little butter, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make about 11 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, put 1 tbsp of the filling on one end of the circle and roll it up tightly
- Seal the edges by applying a little of the pancake mixture.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep- fry, a few rolls at a time on a high flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Cut the rolls diagonally into 2 and serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.