Coconut Kadhi ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8169 times
Coconut milk is gifted with a mellow flavour and a creamy texture, which makes any dish it is added to feel comforting and light yet pampering and rich at the same time! This Coconut Kadhi is an example of that rare class. It has a very light flavour yet feels intense, all thanks to coconut milk combined with a thoughtful assortment of spices and vegetables, and of course besan and curds too, which help to add tanginess and thickness to the preparation. This kadhi will complement any khichdi perfectly well!
- Combine the besan and curds in a bowl and whisk well so that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in a deep microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the coconut milk and the besan-curd mixture, mix well and microwave on high for another 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and the besan-curd mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 3 more minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.