Coconut Ice-cream ( Thai Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25392 times
Amongst the many fine things that the thai people love, is coconut! like in the cuisine of indian coastal towns where coconut is in abundance, thai cooking too features superfluous use of coconuts, in everything including ice-cream! you will love the creamy and nutty flavour, and soothing texture of the coconut ice-cream.
- Mix the cornflour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- In a non-stick pan, bring the coconut cream to a boil and add the cornflour paste and stir till it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the heat and cool completely. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks form.
- Combine the cooled coconut custard, grated coconut and fresh cream.
- Pour into a shallow freezerproof dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy. Freeze again till firm.
- Repeat step 7.
- Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- Handy tips:
- Set the ice-cream in aluminium caontainers that it freezes quickly.
- Also make sure that the containers have lids to prevent the water within the ice-cream from crystallising.
- Recipe source : thai cookingbuy this cookbook
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.