Classic Strawberry Phirni
by Palak Rajput
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7556 times
Phirni is a kashmiri milk based sweet pudding generally containing ground rice paste. Milk is thickened a bit and rice paste is cooked along with it to obtain a thick custard sweet. Various fruits and nuts are added as flavoring during the process. Classic strawberry phirni is a simple version of phirni using rice flour and chopped stawberries.
- Dissolve the rice flour in 1/4 cup of water to make a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Bring the milk to boil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Gradually add the rice flour paste and boil on low flame till the milk thickens.
- Add the sugar, stir it continuously and let the sugar completely melts and cook till the rawness of the rice goes.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature and stir in chopped strawberries.
- Serve strawberry phirni chilled and garnish with pistachios and strawberries.
- Instead of using rice flour, soak rice in water for half an hour and grind it into fine paste.
- If the phirni tastes raw, make sure to cook rice flour or ground rice thoroughly before removing from heat
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 18 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.