Classic Channa Masala
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34467 times
The classic north indian dish full of indian spices. Serve with parathas or puris.
- Soak the channa in enough water for 8 hours.
- Drain, add water and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Remove a handful of channa and blend it in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and saute for some more time.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, channa masala powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the mashed channa, some water, mix well and boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with chappathi or bahtura or puris.
This recipe was contributed by preeba1 on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.