by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 131 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12271 times
These are made and frozen unbaked the previous day. Thaw them about an hour before you want to serve them. Brush with melted butter when you pop them out of the oven. The cinnamon-y fragrance will have your guests oohing and aahing!
- In a bowl, mix together the yeast and sugar with ½ cup of warm water. Cover and keep aside till it becomes frothy. (approx. 10 minutes.)
- Sift the flour. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast and sugar mixture and enough water to make a soft dough. This will take about 7 minutes.
- Rub the butter and salt on a plate to remove any lumps, add to the dough and knead into a soft and elastic dough.
- Keep the dough for 30 minutes under a wet cloth till it doubles in volume.
- Press the dough with your palms to release the air from it.
- Roll into a 9 x 5" rectangle and brush with some melted butter. Sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon-dry fruit mixture over it.
- Roll the dough to form a 9" long Swiss roll. Cut into 6 equal portions using a knife or a piece of string.
- Place on a greased baking tray. Cover with a wet cloth and keep for 20 minutes or until it doubles in volume. (You can freeze them at this stage)
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°C (400°F) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.