Chunky Tomato Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22933 times
Pasta is not usually recommended for diabetics. However, unlike the usual calorie-laden and creamy pasta dishes, this delicacy makes use lots of tomatoes, vegetables and just a dash of low fat cream to satisfy your cravings. One serving of pasta, though small, is just enough to relish as a snack.
- Cut the blanched tomatoes into halves and deseed.
- Cut each half into 3 chunks lengthwise and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and celery and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato chunks, basil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the cream and sugar and mix well. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Just before serving, add the pasta and broccoli and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Vitamin C||Fibre|
| 164 cal|| 4.9 gm|| 26.2 gm|| 4.6 gm|| 715.3 mcg|| 40.6 mg|| 2.0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.