5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 340 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78775 times
The ever-popular desi dish that has won the test of time and geographies. Retaining its fame through generations and gaining a prominent place in the menu of Indian restaurants the world over, Chole features cooked white chick peas and potato pepped up with tangy tomato cubes and an assortment of spice powders and lemon juice. It is a versatile accompaniment that goes well with puri, bhatura, rotis, and even rice.
- Soak the kabuli channa for at least 6 hours. Drain well
- Combine the kabuli chana, soda bi- carb and salt in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a deep pan, add the potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in the same pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled kabuli chana , salt. Garam masala, dry mango powder, lemon juice, black pepper powder and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with bhaturas or puris.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.