Chola Dal Dhoklas ( Delicious Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23380 times
Dhoklas are a favourite gujarati snack. Dhoklas are usually made with ground and fermented pulses and are steamed. As they are steamed, they are healthier than most other snacks. The addition of spinach and fenugreek enriches this recipe with vitamin a (that aids in healthy vision) and iron (that is responsible for blood formation). These quick and easy to make dhoklas are best enjoyed as a breakfast dish or even for a late afternoon snack. They are quicker to make as instead of fermenting the batter overnight, i have used fruit salt for this purpose. Serve hot, with low calorie green chutney.
- Wash and drain the dal and place it in a blender.
- Add the spinach, fenugreek leaves and green chilli-ginger paste and grind to a paste, adding a little water if required.
- Add the asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6") diameter dhokla plate and keep aside.
- Add the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water over and mix gently.
- Pour into the greased thali and steam for 8 to 10 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve hot, with low calorie green chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
| 33 gm|| 74 kcal|| 5.1 gm|| 11.3 gm || 0.9 gm|| 564.2 mcg|| 4.2 mg || 35.4 mg || 1.9 mg|| 37.1 mcg|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.