Chola Dal Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45632 times
Loaded with greens, this quick and easy steamed dal dhokla gives you a burst of nutrients – fibre, vitamin A and proteins .
We have made use of chola dal, which is hardly used in everyday cooking despite being so healthy. Together with greens like spinach, fenugreek leaves and dill, it makes a very, very tasty snack.
Be generous with the garnish of coriander leaves as it gives the dhokla a flavourful and aromatic boost. The Chola Dal Dhokla can also be packed and carried to work, to avoid snacking on calorie-laden stuff.
You can also try recipes like Moong Dal Dhokla , Mixed Fruit Chaat and Sprouts Dhokla .
- Combine the chola dal, spinach, fenugreek leaves, dill leaves and ginger-green chilli paste and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using ½ cup of water.
- Transfer it in a deep bowl, add the asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it and mix gently.
- Pour batter into a 175 mm. (7") diameter greased thali and spread it in a circular motion to make an even layer.
- Steam the dhoklas in a steamer for 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and cut it into 18 square pieces.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||891.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||52.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.