Chola Dal Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34640 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 5 pieces
loaded with greens, this instant, steamed dal dhokla is a burst of nutrients – fibre, vitamin a and proteins. It also makes a great packed snack and avoid bingeing on other calorie-laden snacks.
- Combine the chola dal, spinach, fenugreek leaves, dill leaves and ginger-green chilli paste and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using enough water.
- Add the asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently and pour spoonfuls of the batter immediately into greased muffin moulds.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and demould.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.