Chocolate Velvet Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 367 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37343 times
Velvety smooth in touch and taste.
- Add the essence to the cake mixture. Pour into a well-greased and dusted 200 mm. (8") diameter tin and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes. The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Cool the cake and divide into 2 parts horizantally.
- Sprinkle the soaking syrup on both the cake parts.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until thick.
- Spread a little sweetened cream over one cake part and put the other part on top. Spread the remaining cream on the top and sides.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and 1 teaspoon of water on a slow flame. Trickle this melted chocolate all over the cake.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Cut into slices and serve cold.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.