Chocolate Mousse Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 412 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57986 times
The chocolate mousse cake is a dessert for those times when you feel like you have earned a treat, because it is quite a rich piece loaded with whipped cream and chocolate! take a syrup-soaked chocolate sponge, top it with a layer of chocolate mousse, garnished with freshly-whipped cream and grated chocolate. Dip your fork into it, and remember the magical moment forever.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and mix gently.
- Add the whipped cream-sugar mixture and fold gently.
- Cool and slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers. This recipe makes use of only the bottom layer of the cake.
- Place the bottom layer on a 175 mm. (7") diameter loose bottom cake tin and soak with the soaking syrup.
- Pour the chocolate-whipped cream mixture on top of the soaked layer and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or till the mixture sets.
- Demould the cake and spread the remaining 1½ cups of whipped cream on top and at the sides of the cake using a palate knife.
- Garnish with chocolate and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.