Chocolate Lemon Mousse Cake ( Chocolate Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 593 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38050 times
Rich chocolate cake topped with a tangy lemon mousse.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 3 tablespoons of cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk, add the dissolved cornflour and sugar and bring to a boil. Cool completely.
- Add the lemon rind, lemon juice and lemon yellow food colouring to the milk and mix well.
- Dissolve the agar agar in 1/2 cup (100 ml. ) of water and cook over gentle heat till the agar agar dissolves. Keep warm.
- Gently whip the cream till soft peaks form and keep refrigerated.
- Mix the lemon mixture, agar agar and cream together using a spatula.
- Sieve the flour and cooca powder. Keep aside.
- Mix the curds and soda bi-carb in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar and 1/4 cup of hot water in another bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, curds and vanilla essence and mix to make a smooth batter.
- Put the mixture in a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c ( 400°f) for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Place the chocolate cake in a 200 mm. (8") diameter loose bottomed cake tin. Sprinkle the soaking syrup over it.
- Spoon the lemon mousse mixture over it. Refrigerate till the mousse has set completely.
- Unmould the mousse cake.
- Garnish with whipped cream, lemon slices, fruits and mint sprigs.
- Serve chilled.
- If the agar agar has not dissolved evenly, strain the mixture before you mix it with the cream and lemon mixture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.