by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13529 times
A delicious, "any time" sweet.
- For the flapjacks, cream the margarine, sugar and salt.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Grease a shallow 175 mm. into 175 mm. square tin.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a hot oven 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, mark into squares with a sharp knife and loosen round the edges. When firm, break into pieces.
- For the chocolate icing, mix the sugar, cocoa powder and hot water. If you like, add a little extra water.
- To proceed, spread the icing evenly over the flapjacks.
- Goodness Guide :
- Oats are excellent sources of complex cabohydrates,, soluable fibre.
- As well as minerals like magnesium, all of which are important for sportsmen.
Nutrient values Per Piece :
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.