Chocolate Eclairs, French Pastry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 141 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22332 times
Choux pastry is a special dough that gives rise to a light, crisp and ‘airy’ pastry when baked. It is used to make amazing desserts like éclairs and profiteroles, and even some savoury dishes.
In this classic recipe, we have used the choux pastry dough to make Chocolate Éclairs, an ever-popular chocolaty treat that is crispy outside and creamy inside.
It is a light, melt-in-the-mouth dessert with a fabulous chocolate coating and an awesomely creamy filling. After baking and filling the éclairs, let them set at room temperature for a while. Once set, you can place it in the fridge for two hours and serve later if you wish.
You can also try other desserts like the Crème Brulée and Fresh Fruit Flambé .
- Put the choux pastry dough into the piping bag using no nozzle.
- Pipe out the mixture on the baking tray lined with butter paper to make approx. 75 mm. (3”) 8 cylindrical long at regular intervals.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180°c (360°f) and bake it for more 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Slit each eclair vertically into two parts.
- Put the prepared filling into a piping bag with a nozzle and pipe out the filling into each lower halve of the eclair.
- Dip half of each upper halve into the melted chocolate and place it over the lower halve.
- Allow it to set at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Nutrient values per eclair
|Vitamin A||244.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.