Chocolate Cookies ( Chocolate Cookbook)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 181 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66426 times
Know somebody who dislikes Chocolate Cookies? Well, very rare! But, if you do, then this magic recipe is such that even they will love it for sure. A choice with a universal appeal, these Chocolate Cookies are a melt-in-the-mouth experience of buttery, milky, chocolaty cookies studded with chocolate chips. As an alternative, you can mix in white chocolate chips or broken cashews, to create an equally exciting cookie. You are sure to lose yourself in the rich and intense flavour of condensed milk and dark chocolate.
- Sieve the self raising flour in a deep bowl.
- Add the milk powder, mix well and keep aside.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 to 40 seconds or till the chocolate melts completely. Remove from the microwave, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, castor sugar and brown sugar in a deep bowl and beat well with a help of an electric beater for 6 to 7 minutes or till the mixture turns light and creamy.
- Add the condensed milk, melted chocolate and vanilla essence and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the flour-milk powder mixture and mix well using a spatula to form a very soft dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover it with a cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking tray.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out portions of the dough and place them on the foil lined baking tray at equal distance. This dough will yield approx. 15 cookies.
- Flatten them using a fork to form a 50 mm. (2”) round flat cookie.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 45 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
- To make 1¼ cups of self raising flour at home, combine 1¼ cups plain flour, ¼ tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix well. Use as per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.