Chocolate Chip and Mango Muffin ( Tiffin Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60737 times
Chocolates and mangoes – two of kids’ favourite foods come together to give the traditional muffin a super-friendly facelift. When kids bite into something they love, they are sure to gain a lot of energy and forget all their stress, especially during exam times. These yummy Chocolate Chip and Mango Muffins stay fresh for 3 to 4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature, so they are ideal to send to school in the snack box, or carry along when you travel. Muffins are perfect anytime treat - enjoy as Desserts , Breakfast or as Sweet Snacks .
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb in a deep bowl. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, mango pulp, butter and vanilla essence in another deep bowl and mix well.
- Combine the flour mixture and the wet mixture and fold gently using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add 2 tbsp of water, mix well to get a batter of dropping consistency.
- Place 8 paper cups in 8 muffin moulds of a muffin tray.
- Drop spoonful of the batter into each muffin mould and tap it lightly.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of chocolate chips evenly on each muffin mould and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, unmould and wrap in an aluminum foil or cling film and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per muffin
|Vitamin A||432.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.