Chocolate Apple Pie
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18765 times
An unforgettable treat for those who love their apple pie and but do not want to miss out on chocolate either! a chocolaty version of the traditional apple pie, the chocolate apple pie also features chewy sultanas and crunchy walnuts for added taste and texture.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoon of cold water and gently knead it into a firm dough. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough into a circle and line a 150 mm. (6") diameter pie dish.
- Prick with fork at regular intervals and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Roll the remaining dough into a circle of 200 mm. (6") diameter and keep aside.
- Slice the apples thinly.
- Mix the sugar, walnuts, sultanas and cinnamon powder and keep aside.
- Place the apple slices on the half baked chocolate pastry and sprinkle the sugar mixture on top.
- Cover with the remaining rolled out chocolate pastry and seal the edges. Prick the top of the pie with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Serving Suggetion :
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.