Chinese Toffee Apples ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21698 times
Chinese toffee apples are deep-fried apple fritters soaked in honey syrup and topped with sesame seeds. The apples are soft inside, but the coating of caramelised sugar and honey gives it a crispy cum gooey texture like toffee.
- Combine the plain flour and cornflour along with 5 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and caramelizes lightly, while stirring continuously.
- Add the honey and sesame seeds, mix well and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip a few apple wedges in the batter at a time and deep-fry in oil till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Pierce each apple fritter with a toothpick and place on a plate.
- Pour the warm syrup in one bowl and pour ice-cold water in another bowl.
- Dip each fritter immediately in the warm syrup and then in ice-cold water. This will cause the syrup coating to harden so the fritters will be crisp and crackling on the outside surface like a toffee.
- Serve immediately.
- Prepare the syrup as close to serving time as possible. It only takes a few minutes and the results will be much better.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.