Chinese Stuffed Lifafa Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19796 times
Lifafa means envelope, and understandably Lifafa Parathas are shaped like envelopes to hold exciting fillings. This particular variant is loaded with excitingly crunchy and colourful veggies perked up with soy sauce. Take care to fold the Chinese Stuffed Lifafa Parathas as described, and cook them till golden brown, for a perfect flavour and texture.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the carrots, cabbage, onions and bean sprouts, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, salt and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the stuffing to cool completely and divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the mixture in the centre and fold 2 opposite corners of the roti over the filling, overlapping them slightly. Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.