Chinese Steamed Bread ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
2/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16527 times
Chinese steamed bread, easy to make, this bread tastes slightly sweet.
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the dry and fresh yeast and sugar. Pour warm water over it and wait for 5 minutes until froth comes on top.
- Add the salt and butter and make a soft dough by adding more warm water.
- Knead the dough very well for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cover the dough and keep it for at least 1/2 hour till it doubles in size.
- When double in size, knead the dough again for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 16 parts, make small balls and put them on greaseproof paper.
- Leave the rounds aside for 20 to 25 minutes or till they are double in size.
- Steam the rounds for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.