Chinese Egg- Fried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 407 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 206597 times
Unlike some hurried versions in which the eggs are placed in one chunk above the fried rice, here they are first cooked like an omelet, which is then cut into small pieces and mixed with the rice, veggies and soy sauce, to make a lip-smacking meal-in-a-bowl fried rice. This Chinese Egg Fried Rice is also easy to serve as the egg pieces are uniformly distributed.
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Keep aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, 2 tbsp of water , salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Grease a non-stick pan and pour the egg batter over it and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till both the sides are lightly browned. Allow the omelet to cool slightly and cut into bite-sized pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a kadhai, add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, omelet pieces, soya sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with chillies in vinegar and chilli sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.