Chinese Bhel ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 276 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 228857 times
Chinese bhel, the chaat that will go down in history as the only one to be featured in a chinese stall! and it is no rocket science! all it requires is a quick mix of minimal ingredients. Munch on these crispies when waiting for the main course.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai till it smokes, add the celery, garlic and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the flavour releases.
- Add the tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the red chilli paste, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and simmer for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, vinegar and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, while stirring continuously. Use as required.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well till the noodles are evenly coated with the sauces.
- Place equal portions of the bhel on 4 plates and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.